" Twenty years from now you will be more
disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover. "

Friday, October 09, 2009

Being in Solitude...

“What a lovely surprise to discover how un-lonely being alone can be.”
Ellen Burstyn


Today in Facebook, God wanted me to know -
"If all you had to do was wish for something and you would have it, life would be... pretty boring, wouldn't it? God placed barriers between us and what we want, so we can enjoy interesting and satisfying lives. God hid our biggest rewards behind the highest barriers - our deepest fears. God wants us to face our fears, and hold ground in their presence, and let them go, and that's how we get out biggest rewards. What are you most afraid of? Say it, just start by saying it."

One of the thing that scares me is Being alone...
I just hate being alone, anytime, anywhere, for however long duration, for whatever reason...
But I have been alone lately and I realize that its been a blessing to be spending some quality "me" time...
Life is precious, even this time has to be well spent. There is a difference between being lonely and being in Solitude.

I have been so afraid of being alone that I avoid it as much as I can. Even if I am not with or in touch with family and friends, I fill up the void with Music, television and the likes. I can easily do a task with F.R.I.E.N.D.S characters for company...
All this while when I could have learnt from my solitude, I just stifled the space with noise that I didn't even listen to. It was all there to fill up the emptiness. So when the music stops there is no inner harmony.

Take time out to be alone.. one is not lonely then, just in solitude.. The silence within will start to speak...
Being in solitude is necessary to hear the inner music, to sow the dream blossoms...

The soul has started humming...

No comments: